I guess what I really want to say after the week is Thank God. I’m never really used to saying this on public platforms but I feel that I couldn’t have gone by this week without keeping faith. Every day, despite waking up feeling tired and reluctant to get through the day, just remembering to hold fast onto faith keeps me going. And it opens my eyes to the tiny blessings around too – people, the things they do, how situations could have been worse, etc.
This week, I also learnt that even though you have deadlines the next day and you’re barely halfway done through assignments are are probably going to pull a late-nighter, you’ll always somehow be able to make time for a friend. That just reinforced the fact that how our lives pan out is really in our hands and it depends on how we want to use the time we have.
A few weeks ago I attended a talk by this professor who really served as a source of inspiration. She talked about leadership in our globalised world, and some things she mentioned were really motivating and makes me look forward to making uni life an exciting one – she mentioned how people our age should really just be curious and learn as much as we can before we enter the workforce; we’re like a sponge now and we should gain as much knowledge and be creative and fill our lives with meaningful things. She encouraged us to fill up our jug of life with things we love – if we want to try something, just try it, and along the way there will be many things we don’t expect happening that may just happen to us, but let them happen anyway and learn from them, because that’s how resilience is built. That really encouraged me and I hope it does the same to you too :) Sometimes deep down we know all these, but it takes someone to tell it to you that it really gets into your head.
It’s the Mid-Autumn period and I really enjoyed the weekend. Being in school for the week makes you appreciate weekends and time spent with the family so much more, even if it’s doing the usual things.
Okay! So to end off Sunday, here are some things I’ll strive to achieve in the weeks ahead:
- Enjoy life as it happens, concentrating a little less on doing, and a little more on being.
I must remind myself not to be too absorbed in work or responsibilities that I forget to live in the present and enjoy the process of it all. - Make time for things important to me
There’ll always be a time for the things important to you – it’s just dependent on whether you choose to make time for them or not. - Wake up and start the day with optimism and a sprinkle of faithThis will be slightly difficult, especially in a week with tight deadlines. But I’ll try – and it’s nice having to wake up naturally when the morning sun shines in on my bed, the air is still cool and fresh. (But usually I’ll find out that it’s still 7am, and go back to sleep for a while longer haha)
- Be creative, spontaneous and have fun
This is something I really want to do, partly because JC has been so much of an academic journey that it has robbed creativity away. Hanging out with Angsana friends have taught me how to have fun while being in school and that we shouldn’t ever let our creative side die away. - Be thankful for blessings each day, no matter how sucky the day wasEvery Friday, the first thing that usually comes to my mind is how blessed I feel to have gone through the week. And I know I wouldn’t have made it without the blessings each day from the people and things around us. A gift from Stella has also made me more determined to remember the blessings of each day, and be thankful for them.
1 comment:
It's never a case of 'no time', but rather a case of 'it's not my priority right now' (:
The words of that prof remind me of Steve Jobs' timeless connect-the-dots phrase, it only can be done looking back, till then, trust in God's plan for you!
Post a Comment