Recently, my suitemate encouraged the six of us to print out some photos we have, to contribute to a photo-wall that we decided to create in our suite. Even though most photos don’t have us together in the picture, I thought it was nice to be able to display photos of our friends/people close to our hearts/the things we treasure, and share these photos and stories with the suitemates.
As I got down to selecting photos I wanted to display, it came as a really nice time of looking back at how we were back then, how we’ve grown, and the experiences that have shaped us to who we are today. Also dug up events and moments that I’ve almost forgotten as we move on in life. Anyway still every once in a while, I find it really therapeutic to just sit down and scroll through past photos. I love to look at displayed photos at other people’s homes. I think photos are beautiful – they document, communicate, freeze a moment in time, capture our best/worst/happiest/etc. moments… they speak volumes. And so I thought I’d just put some of them here, just some, as a memoir.
Dramafeste 2010 – Looking back, it was a joy to be part of a great play.
Grad day photo with the class people who performed during Fac Outing. Really enjoyed practicing with them during breaks, and liked how we were still up for it even though we weren’t superb. I think I still have a recording of one of our practices somewhere… Hahaha.
Nepal & the special hand-greeting that the kids taught us. I’m still quite doubtful about the impact of OCIP for the receiving end though. Nevertheless, it was a humbling yet beautiful experience.
Sushi @ Yu Zhen’s – the sushi turned out quite tasty if I don’t remember wrongly, and it was really fun. Cook-out outings beat movie outings hands down man haha. I’m always learning from the masterchef Jiayi and June when we cook, hehe. And this reminds me to consciously set aside time to stay home more often for dinner, so I can watch Mum cook and hopefully learn more + catch up with the family.
I’m sure everyone here will have different kinds of memories from the 2 years together in the CCA, but I hope they’re special in one way or another! These are the people I’ve learnt a lot from, every one of them, and the people who’ve taught me to look at things in different perspectives. PS, this is one of the nicest full batch photos!
Hahaha this isn’t from very long ago but still thought to put it up just for fun. I am extremely thankful for the both of them, they’ve been a both a pain yet a joy to me, just as I’ve been to them. And I terribly miss the times when we catch onto something funny together and just laugh like nobody’s business, or play together. I’m not very good at showing appreciation verbally or physically, but the least I can do and will do is to continue making the effort to catch up with their lives as we all get busy with school and growing up.
God-given blessings in University and Angsana – they constantly give me reasons to be thankful for.
Personally, looking through these photos and the many others also encourage me as I live too, especially when going through rough patches or periods where we feel inadequate or just a tad less optimistic. I think it’s partly because the photos are mostly bursting with joy hahaha it rubs off me and makes me smile. Having said that, each photo and those smiling faces don’t always tell of an extremely happy story or speak of a smooth-sailing experience. But they remind me of whatever we’ve gone through, and because of these, how much I can be appreciative of!
Anyway, I’m excited because recess week is here. Hoping to seize this chance to catch up with some dear friends, spend more time with my family, get back rest, and not forget to study. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment