I am thankful for:
- Mum, Rachel, Ah Yee and Sean picking me up from the airport and Sean doing that little poster that says something along the lines of “Welcome Home, Sarah!” and waving it excitedly trying to catch my attention- appreciated it, a lot.
- Sitting in the car and traveling along orderly roads, on the highway back to Bishan
- Showering in a big(ger) toilet and not having to be afraid of the cold
- Being able to wear T-shirt and shorts around the house
- Being able to wake up and not feel cold
- Having the sky still bright at 6 plus in the evening :)
- Bishan Park. How I’ve missed the park.
- Being able to play the piano and guitar again :) I have missed playing it so much!
- Being able to take the MRT and be around people with familiar accents
- Seeing families, and the elderly
- Eating char siew polo bun – so good
- Being able to worship the Lord in church on Christmas
- Seeing familiar faces in church – being home is great
While three (and a bit) months away from home might not seem that long a period of time, Judith and Sonia told me that it’s enough to feel like you’ve been away. And it feels a little strange to have been away, experience so much and come back to familiarity, like nothing has really changed (on first impression), yet you feel like you did, somehow, and you don’t want to slip entirely back into old ways. Yet, in the presence of familiarity and comfort, it’s so easy to go back to old routines and habits. I feel like there’s so much to process and there’s so much that I want to remember and not forget, and I frankly don’t know how I’ll process them all, but as Tr CK has said, one thing I can do is to learn to commit all of it back to the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment