Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Day 1

Stella tagged me in a challenge on Facebook to post from God’s Word daily for 7 days. It’s a good challenge! But I think I’m comfortable just posting on this platform for now. I seek to share verses that I am growing in appreciation, or understanding, of.

“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.”

- Matthew 13:44

“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls, who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.”

- Matthew 13:45

As I read the Bible, I am growing to appreciate and treasure the knowledge of the kingdom of heaven. And this knowledge, and the reality of it all, is very precious, just like how it’s likened to treasure and that pearl of great price. There is joy too.

In Pastor’s devotionals, he pointed out that indeed, if something is treasured, one is prepared to sell all he has to own that treasure. “Things of value never come cheaply”, he wrote. This is something for me to remember. :)

No comments: