Saturday, March 14, 2015

Day 6

“God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds”

- Hebrews 1:1-2

What I learnt:

  • The author introduced God through highlighting that God spoke. God was not One who distanced Himself from His people.
  • God now speaks to us through His Son, Jesus.
  • “While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!”” – Matthew 17:5
  • I used to struggle to understand what “God speaking” and “hearing God” meant, but I am coming to learn that a real part of it is about paying attention when I read His Word, and putting in effort to understand what I read. There is still lots to work on for me here. “Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away.” – Hebrews 2:1
  • The author of Hebrews exalts Jesus, writing about how Jesus was the heir of all things, and also mentioned about Jesus being Co-Creator.
  • I am looking forward to learning more about Jesus!

No comments: