I was woken up in the morning by my mum and sibs and they shouted a big birthday wish right into my face and made me wake up. Haha! I was so intent on waking up that morning [cos I needed to go to school] that I forgot it was my birthday! That's so ridiculous, isn't it?
Received a bunch of gifts from my dear friends :) They're so nice! The one that touched me the most was the gift from OYT, pomelo and cheryl [i'm not being biased!]. They gave me a big blue-y board and on it were my photos! They wrote about how wonderful I was [although I thought they were quite exaggerating haha] and stuff like that. Oh... they're so sweet :) thanks a gazillion!!!
I think that i'm sooooo fortunate. I mean, some people's birthdays aren't remembered at all. That's quite sad... I wonder how they feel on their birthdays.
Just read a book called "Sofi Mendoza's Guide to Getting Lost in Mexico". It's quite nice [although it was quite disapproving at the first part]. Yup, it's basically this Mexican-born-but-living-in-US girl crossing over the US-Mexico border into Mexico and then she couldn't go back cos her green card was "illegal". So she had to live with her cousins and aunt in Mexico. She, who had always lived in a sparkling clean neighbour hood with lots of clothes and money, now had to live in Mexico, where there was no electricity, the houses had no phones etc. And the story goes on.....
And I realised that there are A LOT of people in this world that are poor and undergoing poverty. And I just remembered how I used to throw away extra food just because I was full... :(
aS kidS See it
No comments:
Post a Comment