Friday, February 20, 2009

The Last Parade ):

I'm happy, but also sad that it was our last parade. This year feels very, very different from the previous years. For the past two years, I had already felt the mood of parade the week before, but this year, I only felt it at 6am in the morning when I reached school. I wasn't nervous until 7.20am today; everything feels quite strange. I really, really want to be a squad member again :) I don't want to lose the feeling of being in the squad (but i think i've lost 50% of it already!) and I want to march together with sec 4s, with batchmates!!

Back to the point, it was our last parade. Ahh, just like that, 15 minutes passed and parade ended! We spent weeks and many hours training for it and it's just over in 15 minutes (why can't it be longer??). i felt proud to be marching for nygg and guides :D Tomorrow will also be considered the sec 4s last thinking day rally, i must not must not miss it! Parade was better than what we've expected :] me and lingxin started marching at the same time after we berhenti-ed, and banged at the same time after the cue! that was quite cool :D the turning bang wasn't perfect, but still loved the two bangs before :) huier didn't forget any command, didn't forget the pledge (yayy) and not much mistakes were made.

in the past i used to think that footdrill was extremely exhausting and that it was irritating that the FCs kept samula-ing us. But i guess it's the sense of satisfaction and achievement when the squad has achieved a perfect bang, or when the FCs praise the squad. in the end, really enjoyed footdrill. I hope everyone did enjoy parade, footdrill is fun okay! i enjoyed parade a lot, almost as much as i enjoyed camp. ahh, this is just indescribable. anyway anyway anyway, polishing boots is FUN. the polish starts out really dull and boring, but the end effect is reaally nice and shiny. mass polishing is fun too! batchmates should meet up and polish boots together again (:

thank you for the gift sec 2s!! it is really sweet and the message was very meaningful and this is one of the reasons that i want to be part of a squad even more! was somehow touched, and after reading it, it made us smile :) good job today everyone!

FCs and batchmates forever :D

No comments: