Wednesday, June 24, 2009

AWESOME-NESS

Wow, it's over! I don't know if I should be happy or sad...
I can really say that this is one camp that I enjoyed, or at least now, looking back, I think i did. I've learnt LOADS from this camp, not just the correct skills but also values; I feel more confident (sort of), I know what direction I'm supposed to be heading in, what I should be doing, etc. I was once confused before the camp, but now I think I know what I'm supposed to be doing. haha, mm I think I'm not making much sense here, but let me try to summarize it in a phrase: I understand things a lot better now.

realised that our company has been doing things so much differently, but now we're all exposed to much more Guiding traditions, learnt lots of new songs :D and I think I like Guiding more. All these traditions should really, really be kept and it should definitely be passed on to the juniors. Ms Ng was a fantastic Guider, and she has really taught me what a real leader should be like. She made so much sense during the camp, I really respect her and admire her a lot. We should really strive to do our best and not disappoint our Guiders!

Oh, camp christine was kind of like a little cozy home, I felt! With Uncle Ghaz and family, and everything, camp christine at night gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling. we were not the only ones camping there, there was also another group of people having fun at campsite, with blasting music and everything, and that made me realise that camp christine was so home-y! totally made me see the place in a different light. oh, the ground was quite nice to sleep on! I don't know if it's because we were all too tired or anything, but it just felt so so comfortable sleeping on the grass, and I slept very soundly for the last 2 nights.

Like what jasmine said, the best part of the camp was the FRIENDS. The new friends made were really superb, and although this camp wasn't the best of the best, I thought we gave our best, as one whole camp staff (: I've met many, many wonderful people from different schools and really respect them a lot. I have so many things to say to them and to express gratitude to them, but will thank them personally another time (: seeing them today made me smile non-stop and go all hyper, and wow it's quite unbelievable to think of how we all became great friends ever since we met about a month ago.

Time really flew, and hmm yeah I think we all expected it to fly. From day 0 onwards, we did not really have a chance to relax, had to be on-task all the time. This camp was the camp that I lacked the most sleep (but thankfully i'm well and awake now), but i felt the nights were most memorable. Because we weren't doing things alone, we were doing things together. During dismantling of kitchen shelter, at least we had each other to talk to to keep ourselves busy; we swatted flies and mosquitoes together, faced the ants bravely together... during COH at least we had each other to lean on for support, to have encouragement; during our tasks, at least we had our RPs. It's all about the friends. I think I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if not for the wonderful people I met. I definitely would not have survived without the rest of the 11 people (:

Oh, I really want to thank my wonderful parents for supporting me all the way and taking care of my welfare during pre-camp prep. Sorry to make you worry and be angry ): I missed my family lots during camp!

Ultimately, I don't think I regret starting on this jouney. I did once regret things, regretted that I took this challenge up, but like what June said, we wouldn't have been a part of GOBO10, wouldn't have had so much fun picking twigs, pockys, being enthusiastic together... We wouldn't have learnt this much during camp, wouldn't have the chance to pass on the skills to our juniors, to keep the Guiding Spirit alive! After much thought, I've decided that whatever decision I make in life, I will not regret it. It will make life much easier (:

this journey might be ending soon, but hmm i feel happy, and kind of relieved that everything is over. It's about time to get along with life, but let's just all face life bravely together!

No comments: