Wednesday, December 30, 2009

the last few weeks of 2009…

I’m not prepared for 2009 to end yet ): It has been such a wonderful year! So many memories to keep and treasure.

Backtrack… I watched Singapore Idol on Sunday! I’m part of the minority of Singaporeans who follow the show. The contestants this season are all so fun and wacky (: Of course I rooted for Sylvia during the finals, and not just because she’s a girl! Also because her voice is just so special :D I made my first ever Singapore Idol voting call too haha! It has been fun watching all their performances. Although Singapore’s talent is not as good as other countries’, I’ll still support local talent all the way, cos I’m S’porean! Oh yeah, after watching Cherice sing at the Idol finals, I was totally blown away O: She’s a powerhouse!! Now that Singapore Idol has ended, life feels a little weird cos I’m not looking forward to Wednesdays anymore (same feeling I get when Amazing Race ends). But American Idol is coming up and I might catch that :D The last time I watched American Idol was Season 4, when it all boiled down to Carrie Underwood and Bo Bice, and Carrie won. That’s about 4 seasons ago!

Backtrack some more… Went to Ingrid’s church with June and Yu Zhen for one of their Christmas service and it was a whole new experience! The people there are really nice and friendly and it was an enjoyable event with touching testimonials and great music (:

And fast forward… I applied for Work for Smile and I got the job O: It was really unexpected and when we went to meet the person-in-charge yesterday, she told us that work started that day. Ohman, I was really unprepared for it, but just followed her instructions and worked. It’s a new environment! Today was tiring and my legs are aching because we were standing all day. I’m sad because Junying, Yingsiu and Sarah didn’t get to work ): It would be much more fun if they could come along! Nevertheless, I’ll try to have fun and learn as much as I can from this experience!

Watched Avatar with Xin Yun, Ling & Chin. It was a good movie! We watched it in 3D but the glasses kept slipping off my glasses so throughout the movie I had to adjust them constantly. The 2D version would be good enough for me (: Initially when the 3D effects started, I was afraid that an animal would jump into our faces and scare us, but throughout the movie there wasn’t any scary parts that jumped out at us so it was okay. Pandora is such a nice place, with all the beautiful plants, and wherever the people trodded on, that part of the plant/ground would light up, it was so pretty and magical!

Need to get some rest and re-charge for tomorrow now, good night! (:

No comments: