Thursday, December 31, 2009

I can’t believe 2009 is ending soon!

Wow, just another 4 more hours and 2010 is here. I don’t know why but I’m really sad that 2009 is ending soon. It was just a fantastic year, so indescribably fulfilling and fun. So, here’s a recap of what happened in 2009 (those that I can remember currently)…

1. GUIDES. Oh gosh that was such a big part of 2009! Being CL and going for PGA just changed me, and I learnt how to be more considerate, polite and learnt how to lead (I don’t know how to elaborate on this part… But I know I really learnt a lot!!). Being part of Roos, GOBO10 and TT12 was another wonderful experience that I’ll never forget. This may sound crazy, but it feels weird not doing Guides programme schedules/proposals/checking Gmail everyday. I miss typing the Gmail passwords! It may seem difficult to type but once you get the hang of it, you can type it 4 seconds! Also it’s weird not needing to pick twigs and draw the Guide room key every other school day. All these nitty gritty things helped make Guides so memorable for me (: It’s weird not needing to open the Guide room… I’m so used to the 'scent’ in the Guide room! And PGA. Lots of new friends, new experiences. Every time I meet Ms Ng, I learn something new from her O: I hope I’ll still get to meet her! Hopefully my connection to Guides won’t die out (: Oh another thing, I remember how it felt really good when the juniors enjoyed a CCA session that we planned (plus that super impromptu Company Party!!!). All the PLCs and planning paid off! I’m sure Sec 4s next year will continue to make NYGG an exciting CCA! And batchmates are one of the wackiest group of people I’ve known, I loved every moment that was spent together with them <3

2. Being closer to 402. I remember in Sec 3 I thought 402 was going to be a boring class, but that changed in Sec 4. Graces brought us together and we’ve come to realise how each and every one of 402 is special in their own way. It was a… comfortable class to be in (: I remember rushing madly for SIAs (e.g. IH SIA) and having tense moments in class when the whole class didn’t get enough sleep because of all the projects… PE LESSONS WERE SO FUN!!! Soccer! :D I loved the team, and how we worked so well together, and I’ll remember Mei Qi’s awesome goal hahaha! I also remember LA lessons when we all said Mr James Tan looked like the adorable old man in UP! Chinese lessons and how our class isn’t really that good in Chinese… Some friendship bonds were strengthened and I’m really glad for that. Hopefully we’ll all still stay in touch in JC!

3. GRACES. Wearing a dress willingly since P4! O:

4. Awesome November/December Holidays :D GCP was so fun and I’ll remember how I got dark (but still not as dark as Evelyn) and looked like I had on a dark-brown mask on my face… How I peeled off the layer of dead skin on my face just days before 23 November, hoping I won’t look chao-ta in photos with Mr President! AP Summit, how I made so many good friends, the really fun times, dancing to Nobody, the really special birthday (Thank you!!) Shipmates, and the mini gatherings here and there, they were fun too!

Hmm, I think June/July was the busiest period for me. It was a fulfilling year indeed! Currently, nothing’s coming to my head… (Sigh, I wanted to have five numbers, cos 5 is my favourite number! But now I can only think of four points…) But I know I’ll miss 2009 loads, partly because it was the end of many things that are really special to me. I’ve a feeling that 2010 will be a very different year with many new beginnings.

I hope 2009 was a great great year for everyone, and may 2010 be a better year! :)

No comments: