Monday, April 12, 2010

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear (:

Didn't regret going for the Operation Smile Event on Sunday, even though it took up almost the whole day, leaving me very very little time to study for Chem & Econs. It was eye-opening seeing all the different schools sharing with everyone what fund-raising efforts they have done and how they have raised awareness about OpSmile. And I realised there are so many things that we can do to raise awareness or help charity (: Also, Carol from Class 95 came down to give us a really short and impromptu talk - she shared with us her experiences during an overseas mission - but it was really quite inspiring. It's really magical seeing how our efforts can put a smile on childrens' faces (through cleft lip operations) :))))))

Coming to JC, there are more community service/service learning projects that you can participate in and I think Op Smile is special (: Although Work for Smile was a completeny new experience, I don't regret going for it and I'm glad I helped raise funds to fund Cleft lip operations (: It'll be so coooooool to go for overseas missions with Op Smile! But the chances are really really limited ):

(I'm supposed to be doing work now but I can't concentrate ahhh okay I'll finish typing the post in <5 minutes!!!)

Huang Cheng was good (:

First time watching a Chinese production and though the stories are a little depressing, the message behind the different plays are quite meaningful and yeah they kind of reflect life. Am really really amazed by the props and stage movements, they were wonderful (: It's very sad that the very pretty phoenix had to be destroyed yesterday ): Yun Jing was pro yay good job to her! Sigh the huang cheng people really need rest, hopefully they can catch up with work and sleep soon!

I look forward to coming home everyday (for dinner!) because home is where the heart is ^^ But staying in school is also fun when you're with great company (: Am waiting for next Monday to be over and we can all take a break :D

No comments: