Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 at a glance…

It’s the new year already and I really couldn’t believe it yesterday during the countdown. And A’s ended 4 weeks ago but it seems like it has been eonssss since we took Bio haha.

Some of my friends don’t see any significance in celebrating as we enter a new year, but it holds much meaning for me as it is a time for reflection on the past year, the ups downs and in betweens, and setting new resolutions for the new year. It always signifies a new beginning, a time to live a life more purposeful than before, to keep moving ahead.

I am actually quite happy with how 2011 turned out to be. There was a lot of self-discovery and I can proudly say that I’ve grown in the past year, like most others. Oh random but I physically grew in height by less than 1cm, meagre yes but better than nothing/shrinking so I can be happy for that too hahaha! :)

In the past I’d be recapping major events of the year and how they have made an impact on me and others. This year, it’s definitely not one that can be summarised by just recounts of special moments, because for too many of them, the takeaways were much greater than purely enjoyment and satisfaction, and they can’t be described in words and pictures.

It hasn’t always been a happy year where ‘life is a waterfall and we are ultimate rainbows’ (Simon Cowelllll haha) and there were so many times where MRT/bus rides home were spent pondering about things instead of the usual stoning/people watching. There were definitely sad times, disappointing times and confusion and stuff, but mannn 2011 was still amazing, and it’s one of the years that I laughed and cried and the hardest haha.

This is soooo cliche but I’d still like to give thanks to everyone in my life because they've made 2011 special. Typing dedications would be too long/maybe boring so every one of you whom I personally know, xie xie ni :D Those times of happiness, unhappiness, fun, boredom, spontaneity, awkwardness, they all contributed in some way or another to an awesome year. No matter the good times or not-so-good times, I'm still thankful (:

Okaaaayyyy this post has been quite serious. Change mood now – countdown was awesome possum and it’s the people that made it so special. We watched the 8minute long firework display!!!! From the TV la haha, in the comfort of June’s cosy room. But seriously speaking it’s always very very enjoyable being with the people I’ve known for one of the longest times and just being your crazy/silly self. Cheers to shipmates! And thank you Jiayi our Santa Claus for the wonderful handmade present, I’ll carry it during CNY, hopefully! I’d love to post some photos but I think we're all too tired to care about that now. And the lack of sleep kind of explains why this paragraph is so capalang (or however it’s spelt).

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! (:

2 comments:

Sean said...

I would think that it's jiapalang (: Hope the new year will turn out fulfilling for you! New phase of life and all that.

Sarah said...

Thank you, same to you too! :D