So a whole semester has passed, and I’m honestly glad to be here in University, and enjoying learning and everything. I haven’t really consolidated my thoughts on the past semester but I just wanted to say I liked the modules I took this semester and even if the acads don’t turn out very well, at least I enjoyed learning and guess that’s what matters more to me about those mods (:
Staying in hostel has been great, made good friends and that makes me look forward to the next semester. But at the same time I really treasure friends back in secondary school and JC even more, and even primary school too, haha. It’s quite coincidental how Fel and I ended up in the same Sociology lecture and we got to catch up with each other weekly, instead of once a year or two, which was sweet.
Being in University doesn’t really give me a sense of timing, like it’s the end of the year now but it doesn’t really feel right, because it’s just the end of one semester of one academic year. But having said that, the holidays are really awesome because there isn’t any homework to worry about and we can have a proper rest/break. I really like the flexibility and independence that University gives – you can plan your time to suit all the commitments you have and you’re not really ‘bounded’ to any CCA or anything if you choose not to.
To recap on more interesting things done this semester, I signed up for dance lessons with Angsana friends after entertaining the thought for a few times but shelving it to the back of my mind. It was such an impromptu decision but I’m glad to have just gone and tried. Most of the time we were almost blindly following the instructor but it served as a good mid-week break and good sweat haha.
I’m also staying in a 6-room apartment (they call it a suite) and we’re quite multi-national – we’ve got students from China, Indonesia, Germany and Singapore. Having dinner with them is always refreshing cos we learn things we never really knew and the other day our German friend shared how she was quite surprised that Asians were so conservative, like we aren’t really for the idea of cohabiting and kissing isn’t as common as over in her country (where it’s a form of greeting), etc.
I love waking up in the mornings when the sun shines in and before my alarm rings, haha. Yup my room gets the morning sun but I love it! And I’m not facing the construction site anymore so the morning air is fresh. And the view from my apartment’s window (not my room though) is:
Really like it – waking up early in the morning, doing some quiet time and then having breakfast early.
Being part of the community engagement wing has also been fulfilling, at least for me. Peers and teachers introduced new perspectives of the community around me, and it was eye-opening. Hope to elaborate on this further in another entry.
Anyway, the holidays are here, and though it’s quite a short one (at least compared to the 8-month-long one we had after A’s), I’m looking forward to the time I can get to spend with my family. And it’s time to reflect on the past year, set new goals and be refreshed for the new year to come.
Merry Early Christmas! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment