Saturday, June 28, 2014

Nuggets from the past month

  • “No person was honoured for what he received. Honour is given by what he gave.” – Calvin Coolidge, 30th President of the United States.
  • “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
    – Dr. Seuss
  • “It’s necessary but not sufficient to learn and then work. You must learn from the work and learn while you work.” – Judith Rodin, President of the Rockefeller Foundation
  • “While you don’t get into this field if you don’t have some idealism, one of the things you realise very fast is that good intentions and wild dreams are not enough. It has to be backed with hard work, dedication, sacrifice and also real commitment to delivering to the people on the ground that you are trying to reach.”
  • “Volunteering is the ultimate exercise in democracy. You vote in elections once a year, but when you volunteer, you vote everyday about the kind of community you want to live in.”
  • This is the last thing a running coach tells his athletes before a marathon: “Run a beautiful race. Not an effective race. Not a timely race. But a beautiful race.”
  • “Circumstances do not define us, but our responses to circumstances define us.”
  • “I always wondered why somebody didn’t do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.” – Lily Tomlin

photo (55)
And this I really appreciate :)

No comments: