I enjoyed today very much :) Snippets of the day that made me smile:
- This afternoon, I was trying to figure out how to get to a bus stop that had some construction work blocking it (there was a truck and a huge crane and some barricades). A migrant worker at the blocked area waved to me and gestured that the bus stop was still there. I nodded an acknowledgement and, seeing that everything seemed safe, was going to head towards the bus stop when he said, "Wait ah, I check first." And he walked to the truck to make sure the people in the truck knew I was going to pass through, and the workers also made sure that the crane wasn't going to be operating while I was walking through, and that everything was going to be safe, before giving me the thumbs up and gesturing for me to go ahead. These simple gestures showed their responsibility and commitment to safety, and while it may seem like protocol to ensure safety, I still thought it was very thoughtful of the workers to do this, and for that I am very thankful.
- When I told Ah Ma that I'd be away for 4 months, she said, "4 months will be over in a blink of an eye." in Hokkien, word for word, including the blink of an eye part. Hearing a literal Hokkien translation of that idiom was cool!
- Night frisbee with sibs and cousins. Even if it was just for a while, it felt great~
- My brother teaching my cousin how to play frisbee, and emphasizing safety while we played. :)
- My lovely cousins singing Happy Birthday in Korean – that was too cute, and I appreciated it a lot!
- "I want to drink mull!" - Mull is Korean for water.
- Strolling the park at night with my family and just taking in the Mid-Autumn atmosphere
Happy Mid-Autumn!
No comments:
Post a Comment