Saturday, April 25, 2009

NY <3

I'm loving my school more and more; it rocks, really :D

congrats to modern dance, chinese dance, choir, chinese orchestra, chinese drama and guzheng for getting GWH! and good job to band and theatre too, nanyang is still proud of you :D also congrats to netball, volleyball, softball etc for doing the school proud!

many CCAs have been announcing their results to the school for the past week, and wow seeing all their members loudly cheering for their own CCA and announcing their results proudly is really a heartening thing :) especially for band and chinese dance, when I heard their announcement, it was kind of touching! it's really nice to see how everyone trains together, practices together and really perform together. The journey that they've gone through sure is tough (esp chinese dance! cca for the whole week O: ) but they gave their best together. In the end, for ALL the CCAs, it wasn't the outcome that mattered the most, it was their journey together. Special shoutout to netball here: NY is so proud of you guys :D west div champs and national runner ups! They've really come so far, it's a suberb achievement. I would really, really wished to have watched at least one of the matches, but ahhh why must I have so little time :/ Oh I suddenly thought of Thinking Day Parade, how we tried our best and yeah it really turned out to be the best parade I participated in :D

Supported Track and Field Finals on Thursday (and didn't go for CIP, sadly) but I must say that I did enjoy it!! I was very surprised cos not many non-trackers went down to support. BEL only had 3-4 people, and apart from some counsellors and a handful of students, there wasn't anyone else, it wasn't like the previous years where a few classes would go down to support ):

I cheered for NY of course, but somehow I also cheered for Cedar in some races, haha. Actually I wonder how it feels like to be an athlete! We were watching the races, and it was nerve-wrecking even for us, esp during 4 x 100 relay!! before the relay started, everyone quietened down and the first runners got themselves into ready position with the batons in their hand. Can you imagine the pressure on them, the pressure on the team in a situation like this? They all know that this is a team effort; once the baton drops or you go out of your lane etc, that's it. And they trained so hard just for a race that would last less than a minute. Anyway, I was impressed with the C div girls :D The whole event ended at about 7.30pm, whoa super late. I'm not looking forward toThey ran their best and I could see the determination in the last runner's eyes. They came in 2nd, but because Sports School had a fault, they got 1st in the end! whee (:

And even though NY got 4th for both divisions, we're still happy for our school (: Learnt alot about Track and Field and the about the different NY athletes from sophie and chloe, and I have newfound admiration for them!!

We waited for the bus to go to the MRT for almost half an hour! In the end, the bus still came, the MRT came too, and i got home at 9pm, it's the latest this year. And can you believe it? It's the end of term 2 week 5 already O: 5 weeks just passed like that.

Anyway, it feels like eons ago when GOBO10 took pioneer test. (but in fact, it was only 7 days ago) So proud of ourselves that we passed! All of us passed together :D 3 cheers for GOBO10! And Mr Ghazali too :) company blog is really really nice and i love the talentime picture! thank you xiaoen! :D

Jiayou everyone for Chemistry Block Test and for bio students, jiayou for Bio too!

No comments: