I love my country and I am ever so grateful to her!! I'm glad to be living in Singapore, no matter how tiny it may be. :D
I'm really proud of my country and how far we've come since 1965 :) May Singapore continue to make progress and hope everyone continues to live in harmony!
WHOO blocks are over and national day is here! I think the past few days were just happiness, I just relaxed all the way, and also started on my Harry Potter Book Marathon :D Read Chamber of Secrets and flipped through Philosopher's Stone. The book is just WOW, and it's so amazing how stuff in the First book is vital and of great importance in the last few books. I can't wait to read Prisoner of Azkaban once my sis has finished reading the book. Oh but one thing I don't like about the Harry Potter series is that the wizarding world is so dark ): The movies too. But that is the one and only thing I don't like about Harry Potter. Fantasy books are kinda nice, cos it lets you imagine :)
Okay back to what I wanted to say earlier. Oh yes national day celebrations were really fun and enjoyable. Initially I wanted cross country, but actually this is as fun, maybe even more fun? It the first time we're celebrating natl day in school but it was great! My class wasn't very keen on the mascot competition at first, but in the end we just dressed Steffi up the best we could and it wasn't that bad. We wanted to sing Emily's song at first but had to come up with a cheer impromptu cos we realised that our voices would be totally drained out by the blasting mascot parade background music. The other classes' mascots were very very funny! had a fun time laughing :D And community singing was the best. It really reminded me of Primary School where everyone would just sing, except that this year everyone got so high and ran around and jumped about.
A lot of people don't like the new NDP song! D: but after listening to it many many times, i think it's quite okay eh! some snippets of the music are nice (: and it's not easy to write a song that appeals to 4 million people. Oh but i still prefer the old songs like home and where i belong! they're the best :D
After National Day celebrations, went to watch UP with june & jiayi! UP was good and I haven't watched a good movie in a long time. I wonder how Pixar always manages to make their movies simple yet meaningful and funny. I like Carl the little old man, he's so cute! Oh, one thing, I still think The Incredibles and Finding Nemo were better movies. But UP is also a nice show :)
National Day Parade is starting in a few hours time! Am looking forward to watching it.
Just looked out of the window and realised that the haze is BADDD, hope it won't affect the parade! OH and please please please don't rain, if not it won't be as nice ):
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE :D
No comments:
Post a Comment