Sunday, August 9, 2009

Second post of the day

National Day Parade was great wasn't it! It was one of the best parades I've ever watched :D

1. The marching contingent impressed me! They were GOOD man, and uniformed. It feels good looking at neat parades and it makes me feel proud to be part of a uniformed group. (Btw, good job to the colour party on Friday's natl day celebration!) I miss training for NDP/founders' day parade. This year we seem to be missing out on quite a lot, somehow, because of H1N1 and everything.

2. I liked the part when Gayle and Chen Wei Lian were singing, it was a nice blend.

3. Community singing is always fun and it's the same for this year.

4. I proudly took the Pledge at 8.22pm!! Together with many other Singaporeans :) It's such a nice feeling to know that there are many Singaporeans out there who also feel that they belong in Singapore. National Day is one of the rare occasions where Singaporeans from all walks of life can celebrate it together, as one Singapore. Kind of different from festive occasions like Chinese New Year and stuff, where it usually applies to one group of people in Singapore.

Tomorrow is a holiday! Have fun, everyone! :D

No comments: