Tuesday, August 11, 2009

We've had many firsts, but now's the last

Footdrill today, last footdrill session commanding the juniors and probably the last footdrill session proper.

I'll miss it, seriously. I already miss being part of a squad! The SEC FOUR SQUAD :(
I miss commanding Sec 4s (and the perfect bangs)
I miss doing footdrill together as a batch.
I miss the times when our FCs scolded us, praised us, felt proud of us.
I miss feeling the immense satisfaction when the squad produces a solid bang. In the past, it seemed that our squad kept making so many numerous mistakes that just one perfect bang would make us very happy. But... that's part of the essence of footdrill, that your hard work and coordination paid off (:

AHH I'll be missing all these.
It seemed like just yesterday when I stepped nervously onto the podium (and swallowed many times) and shouted the morning commands.

Everyone has their firsts, as well as their last. It's now time to let the Sec 3s take over, but we have confidence in them :) Congratulations to Sihui, Michelle, Aurelia, Meishan and Pingzheng! And to the rest of the sec 3 batch, well done, the effort they put in can really be seen :)

No comments: