Monday, August 17, 2009

Marathons

(posted on 20 aug!)

“什么都不能跟人家比,谁像你一样没有用啊?”

But just shift the position of the words, and it becomes...

“没有谁能像你一样啊,不用什么都跟人家比。”

态度改变,孩子的人生也会跟着改变。


Laoshi showed us a commercial during tuition. It contained the above and is quite meaningful! I left tuition with more sense. And I somehow felt the difference between Chinese and English. In Language Arts a few days ago we were talking about Rights and stuff like that, but I realised that in Chinese, we often talk more about philosophies, like the different 思想s, and about life in general.

人生不是一场百米冲刺,而是一场马拉松。

We can't sprint the whole of a marathon like how you'll do it when running 100m, but a lot of us tend to do that. Laoshi was saying, so what if we do well in PSLE, or O Levels? 这些不是句号,而是逗号。And no matter how well and fabulous we do in PSLE or Primary School, this whole chapter of our life is just the beginning. It's just like the prelude of a song, the prologue of a play, the first 100m of a marathon. There's still a long long way to go and endless roads lay stretched out in front of us. It kind of scares me to think that when you think you've gone very far in life, the truth is that, you're just only getting started.

Wow, I can't believe I've just been so... thoughtful. Haha (:

Just watched a short movie called "Kallang Roar" (if i'm not wrong!) and it's about a famous and really good football coach, Uncle Choo, and how he led the Singapore team to win the Malaysia Cup in 1977. Quite heartwarming and Singapore-ish! :) Football/soccer during PE is quite fun actually, although all of us have no real tactic. We just kick the ball around. Yesterday we played a game at the tennis court and Evelyn scored 2 goals for our team and led our team to victory :D Her second goal was fantastic, scoring on first-touch.

Ahhh I'm sorry to spoil the post, but EOYs are cominggg D: D: D: Blocks are just over but EOYs are coming fast and furious. And in about 3 months, it'll be the end of life in Nanyang ): It's weird, I want EOYs to be over soon but I don't want to go to HC just yet. I don't want to leave NY and NYGG.

I'm grateful for today's holiday! Although I didn't do anything much, I managed to catch up with some sleep and just relax. Better to relax now, because later on it'll be full-force studying. I wonder how it feels like to take O Levels! Some people say it's good for you, but I have a neutral stand.. The students must be working really hard now for their prelims. Although you most probably won't see this, just want to say jiayou to grace, shiting, felicia, yingjie! and to everyone!

Goodnight :D

No comments: