Monday, January 11, 2010

First job!

Yesterday was the last day of work for me! After >10 tiring days, finally! That was my very first job, and hm, I wouldn’t say it was fantastic, but neither was it dreadful.

To work as a salesperson is tiring, for me at least, because you have to stand for hours at one go. The first few days were quite draining and every day I looked forward to lunch, then end of work, then dinner at home (: Eating home cooked food plus warm, tasty soup felt like heaven for those few days last week, much much better than eating at the Takashimaya food court alone and having to wait for a seat.

I’m more knowledgeable about bedsheets and pillows/bolsters now! Haha :D I learnt how to serve customers properly, and learnt that you need to be sincere while serving. “The customer is always right.” Initially I knew nothing about bedsheets and stuff and sometimes even told the customer inaccurate information (whoops!) but I guess we all learn along the way. Oh, there was another part-time student working with me as well, Sec 4 too, so work wasn’t that boring (:

I looked forward to Off-days too! I think the off-days were spent fruitfully and I enjoyed both off-days a lot, especially the first one :D :D It was a short break for me, and it felt great just thinking I didn’t have to wake up early, eat breakfast then head off to Orchard at 9 plus in the morning. The wakeup-eatbreakfast-goorchard routine got really really really dreary. I’m kind of scared of going to takashimaya already!!!

But after everything, it’s quite fulfilling actually! I might not have earned much, but at least I contributed to charity and earned some pocket money :D Killed two birds with one stone! And I kind of miss work, but I wouldn’t want to be a salesgirl again (er, sounds quite contradicting). It was a good experience after all :) Learnt how to be more independent!

Anyway, just in… 3 hours time, O Level results will be released! During work the other student kept telling me she was really scared… And yeah, if I were her I would be too! All the best to O Level students out there! :D Esp to grace, yingjie & gang, shin & TT12, and mingfen!

:D

No comments: