Today was the unofficial first day of school! Unlike what I thought I'd feel, I didn't feel that excited going to school, because we're still sitting in our classes and we go for recess with our class. I guess the real excitement will kick in next week when the rest of the O Level students join us!
Hmm the first day of school started off with an English (or GP?) diagnostic test, very similar to a LA EOY Paper 1. I don't exactly know why, but it felt kinda good to write an expo/essay again, after ages :) Then there was a 1 hour break and I still didn't how to walk from the Audi to the canteen then (but now I know!) The campus is very big and confusing, unlike NY which is symmetrical. I'll need a long time to figure out the different places.
Oh one thing, it felt good to see Linh, Lan and Lien again! :D haven't seen them since Grad Day... which was a few months ago. Lien chopped her hair off! She looks refreshed and ready for another 2 years of school. I think 402 is really happy for Lien and Lan, they're really smart and their efforts paid off (they are extremely hardworking); Lien topped the level and Lan's 2nd in level, congrats to them! :D We all really admire them - they're really hardworking and are also very willing to help others with homework, plus they always look happy. They are really a rare find (:
Went back to NY after school for a while and I miss nanyang so much... I saw Wang Lao Shi and suddenly felt very happy; I'd like to thank her for all the efforts put into Chinese lessons and I really have to admit that the ting xie (spelling) for the chengyus really helped a lot. I now know more chengyus and can confidently use them! Really, the Chinese teachers have spent lots of time training us to master the Chinese language; I am really very grateful to them, I improved quite a lot in my Chinese and it's all thanks to them :)
This is quite random, but I came across this quote - Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.
I thought I understood it but I think I still don't fully understand it. The more I think, the more I don't get it, hmmmmmmm...
No comments:
Post a Comment