Friday, February 12, 2010

a-a-a-pollo!

Orientation has really officially ended now, and it ended off with a bang at POP (post orientation party). We’ve all had a feel of what JC life is all about, and it seems fun, but challenging and quite demanding too. Some of us might still be unfamiliar with the lecture-tutorial system, myself included, and it’s quite a challenge to keep with the teacher’s pace (especially after Chem lecture!)

Lessons in JC are a far cry from Secondary School and we can’t joke with the teacher anymore or interrupt the lecturer halfway, but have to pay attention for every lecture cos once you miss an important concept, that’s it, the lecturer’s not going to repeat it again. Most of us evidently are not in the school-mode yet because during the post orientation lectures, we were trying hard to keep awake even though a normal school day consisted of one or at most two lectures (with long breaks in between).

Lessons aside, I think I’m getting used to my class already (: The I-miss-my-OG feeling has worn off slightly, but I’ll never forget the friendships forged with some people from OG 28 (: Our senior class seems really fun and there are 3 girls from OAC (who persuaded me to join OAC!). We’re having the angel-mortal system again which reminds me of Sec 1/2! I’m trying hard to keep my identity as an angel a secret (: [I’m still confused over which CCA to join D:]

We’ve all been split into different faculties and my class is in APOLLO. Frankly speaking, during the first faculty meeting we seemed really quiet, probably tired and worn out from orientation, and missing our OGs, but now, to me, APOLLO is probably the best fac anyone can be in (: We worked really hard for faculty shield and all that, but even though we didn’t win, we still showed the Apollo spirit and everyone still cheered and smiled, cos we knew we did our best! Congrats to Ares who won fac dance, their dance was undeniably good. But Apollo showed our bullboy and bullgirl spirit too :D THE FAC COMM IS AWESOME. They’ve put in so much effort and we’re all extremely proud of them! Especially the Dance ICs! A lot of the fac comm members teared after POP and results, which made us all want to cry too. It was really touching, really. APOLLO <3

After all the fun and laughter, lectures are officially starting next week, and it’s going to be quite hiong! Heard that the lecture notes are going to be shockingly thick. Haven’t received them yet, but am mentally prepared. I’m constantly reminded of the fact that JC is all about ‘own time, own target’. You choose what you want to do and how you want to lead your JC life. Wow, we’ll all need to be independent and more disciplined! I have no idea what’s going to happen in the future or how we’re all going to cope, but WE WILL (: Jiayou everyone!

CNY is just 2 DAYS LATER but I’m not getting into the mood yet. I just look forward to going to school every day (: am still in the post-orientation mood. But anyway, would like to thank Pam & WanYi for organising 212 lao yu sheng! We’ll make it a tradition k! Whoo 212! Lao-ing yu sheng is just so fun, and it’s tasty too. Haha most people go for the crackers after lao-ing and leave the other ingredients lying around. Will be lao-ing more yu sheng in the coming days and hopefully the festive mood gets to me soon!

新年快乐!

No comments: