Sunday, March 20, 2011

They say in YLTC…

Caution: cliche post ahead, because it’s time for reflection again! I have to admit, I reflect A LOT. But well this notes down everything worth remembering so I don’t mind doing it :) (even though there are blocks tomorrow and I’ve only touched Econs and only Econs. Oops!)

So the March holidays were totally shagged out due to YL. Yet another camp, yet another bout of worrying from my parents and nagging that they don’t want me to go for camps again. But I went anyway and came back looking at a lot of things in a different light. *insert angel halo* :]

It’s quite cool how you can take away something, no matter how big or small, after a camp. Every camp does that to me and it’s amazing how much I grow during camps. Haha not just literally but also emotionally and mentally? Am sure everyone else learnt a thing or two too (: Oh yeah I think I lost weight this time, which is a rare occurence, since we are usually very very well fed and are usually forced to finish up all food during camps.

Where was I? Camp. Mm, it felt different, again. Very, very different from YL last year, probably because we were organising it. And extremely different from Guides’ camps in previous years. From a junior’s perspective I’m sure things ran quite smoothly and 37th seemed like they thoroughly enjoyed it – for that it’s extremely gratifying and great to hear (: But from the organisers’ perspective there were obvious areas of improvement and stuff that were overlooked. But we all learn yeah? :D

The juniors are an extremely happy bunch and it’s so uplifting to welcome these new members into OAC. I don’t know about others but I almost cried during MROC (sounds so silly right?) dragon roll call because it’s not every day that you see juniors stepping up to the challenge and coming back specially for MROC and not wanting to leave the batch behind; the initiative displayed, the batch spirit and all. And during debrief, Xiao Qi and Derrick’s speech was so touching and seeing a junior tear made me want to tear too :’( Ahh emotions.

Okay! And am proud of Cherokees who made me smile every day I see them :D Seriously! Land ex was fun and Cherokee's ability to speak Chinese is probably the worst among all the groups but who cares we still played the speak-Chinese game and (June lost! Eh your chinese is the best among us lor! Still lose! Haha nah just kidding) came up with cool terms for the various stuff of YL. VERY AMUSING THANKS ALL (:

Lots more to say but will stop here. Just want to thank seniors, juniors, and esp 36th, for the past crazy week. Please take care everyone, get a very well-deserved rest and gear up for another crazy week ahead. Dedications will be put on hold for now (:

Andddd, I just watched American Idol!!! Not sure what’s with this crazy obsession over American Idol but seriously Pia Toscano is really good! I can’t do anything else when I hear her sing. She’s perfect everytime she gets on stage. Awwwwh there’s so many things to say, but I should really get back to revision.

Y’know I used to think singing was just about… well, singing and pitching your voice at different tones, but turns out that singing is much more than that. Like how your song choice speaks volumes about you, how you channel emotion through your voice and lyrics and how everything comes with feeling. Feels like heaven everytime you hear a good song and the people on Idol does just that to others – they spread joy amidst other emotions :D

JIAYOUUUUUUUUU EVERYBODY, hope you’re not crumbling under the notes pile like I am!
:) :) :)

2 comments:

and that's me :D said...

I totally shouldn't be here but couldn't help it. And about the Chinese thing,I know right, but saying sorry is reflex leh. I didn't even realise until you all pointed out. Tsk, wanted the drink a lot right haha! And all your Chinese made me want to laugh to no end. Haha had a super amusing time so it was worth losing in a way muahaha! Anyways JIAYOU for the remaining papers! :D:D
-June(:

Sarah said...

HAHA juneeee. It's okay, it's kind of impossible to concentrate 24/7. Aiyah we just pick on it cos we want the drink (and i think they still want it even though we gave them purple H2O already). Post mortem! Must treat us k! :D

CHEERS TO THE END OF BLOCKS ^^