Tuesday, June 14, 2011

“Just go, go go go!”

There’s a sudden wave of… missing Nanyang and missing my friends a lot. Shucks man my concentration is diverted from Chemistry to reminiscing (again) about past days! What I really miss is being carefree. I do agree that being in NY gives a rather protected environment, and I really embraced it (which is both good and bad), and yet had a lot of fun :D

Okay sad stuff aside, my brother and I had a little cycling adventure today yesterday! It was totally spur-of-the-moment kind, like Chem was getting a little too overwhelming and my brother had nothing to do, so we just mounted the bikes and went off to venture ‘around Bishan Park’. Everytime we reached a road we had to cross, I would hesitate but my brother would say JUST GO and the little voice in my head also secretly agreed with him, so we did. Hahaha and we ended up all the way at Geylang, just before the almost invisible left turn into Kallang Riverside Park (and memories of Bike Hike come flooding back almost immediately).

But really have to say that the PCN can be improved by quite a lot. To get to Kallang from Bishan, we had to cross at least 3 bridges, and 1 of them is a pedestrian bridge for goodness sake, meaning the bikes had to be CARRIED all the way up and then down to the other side. Good physical training though! And oh the PCN made use of pedestrian pavements, which meant passing a few (crowded) bus stops – hopefully there can be alternatives to avoid these accident prone areas. And the trip isn’t very smooth, especially from the pedestrian bridge at the PIE/CTE/dont know which expressway, where there were a lot of turns and we had to cross roads using pedestrian crossings a lot, before really hitting a proper park connector.

That aside, it was a really enjoyable ride, because the park connector took us to different estates and it’s nice to see how people are relaxing/exercising/children having fun at the playgrounds in the evening. It was surprisingly tiring! Maybe cos we were rushing most of the time haha.

Okay so we cycled on all the way there and back without money, and it was threatening to pour. Whoa first time I felt quite… powerless, kind of, because all we had were our phones and bikes and us. Luckily we chionged back fast and got home safely. And it didn’t rain eventually. Am thankful that nothing happened throughout the ride. Am lookin’ forward to the next adventure~ This time, armed with more $$.

Oh yes, there’ll be a post on Bike Hike, I promise. :)

No comments: