Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Goodbye blocks, hello Term 3

( typed last night and continued today )
Bio blocks are tomorrow and I’m not fully prepared for it yet, but everyone needs a break and now’s the time (:

Haven’t been managing my time well, I admit, but will motivate myself to plan time well after blocks and not just play the days away. It has been a wake-up call of sorts, this blocks, and for me it was one of the first times where you feel really at a loss and on the verge of a panic attack. But c’mon we won’t be battered by this blocks right! There’s still 3 months to redeem ourselves!

Somehow I’ve grown more appreciative of life again haha. People who visit this space will know that I’ve said this plenty of times but I CANT HELP BUT SAY IT AGAIN because life is so wonderful :] Okay this sounds a bit mushy and reflective and cliched but haha who cares :D The past weeks haven’t been busybusybumblebeezoomherezoomthere but quite slow and steady (wins the race) and I like it. And it’s especially through the studying that you realise happiness can come from the smallest of things. The rest of this post will prolly be recounts of simple stuff that might not seem like a lot to people reading this but it’s worth noting down for grown-up Sarah to read and smile after that (:

Am so thankful that Jiayi lives a stone’s throw away, she’s been a constant source of motivation and ranting partner. And it’s always so easy to just give her a call or SMS for impromptu stuff like ‘Let’s go jog!!!’ and 20 minutes later we’ll meet. And then jog and crap and say how our papers have been horrible. And rejoice over the fact that you’re not the only one in deep soup haha. But aside from that, celebrating each others joys too because they’re worth sharing.

Thankful for SMS exchanges with other people, whether it be really random stuff or somehow integrating bits and pieces of what you’re studying into the message. Quite fun and retarded heeee :D And feel blessed by all the encouragements no matter how small they were. Glad that I managed to keep sane from the studying from all the constant interaction with other people. I really don’t think I’d have been able to pull through without it all.

On a sidenote, evening jogs are really good. Gives you happy hormones and endorphins and whatnot and you feel (Y) shuaaaanggggg after that. This is really random but everytime after the jog, my sis and I will cool down at the bridge and there’ll be people feeding the fish below. And there was once we saw this little boy excitedly flinging pieces of bread into the river/canal and then commentating the whole process of the bread being eaten. Which consisted of vocab like, “Annddd, my bread is being finished! Almost finished! It is… Just a bit more…. FINISHED!!!” And he’ll happily tell his dad that the all the fish wanted his bread. HAHA SO CUTE. He can totally be a commentator next time man. (okay what am I trying to say here) It’s just, good to see people appreciating the park. And others enjoying themselves by doing simple things like stoning at the bridge and watching fish being fed. It really is quite therapeutic. (watching fish-feeding, I mean. Haha aiyo am I going bonkers soon)

So, mm kind of learnt stuff through the past few weeks of preparation for blocks. Though it’s nothing big, it’s just, learnt how to manage committments better and know your priorities in life (in which my first priority is not studies, definitely). (:

Anywayz. School starts tomorrow :( One afternoon is not enough for recuperation!! NOOOOO. There are so many things I wanna do now haha but somehow am not getting down to doing them, the non-important stuff I mean. But for today, the paper was alright, lunch was good, ice-cream was good, company was good. So all is good and well. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves today too and had a well-deserved break (albeit a short one) after the papers.

Very reluctant to say this, but hello tomorrow, HELLO SCHOOL !

1 comment:

^^ said...

yay you finally blogged again. (: your posts are always so easy to read. which is great. :D i'm so sad that i'm like super tired already even though its only been (LESS THAN) A WEEK! ... aish... i was kind of hoping to take bus cause i needed to talk... but its ok... Zzzz