Friday, July 22, 2011

Invest ‘11

So, Invest was quite a good official round-up to the OAC term. Which is awesome! And it summed up everything wonderful about OAC. Can’t really bear for it to end, frankly. What I’m gonna write will be really quite honest :) but may be vague at some parts. I don’t have good vocabulary to describe everything accurately but will try to express myself in the clearest way possible! From the start.

Oh wait before I start, here’s a shoutout to Spartans who did a wonderful job for Invest! Don’t really know about the rest but I was touched by it all and all the effort put in. Heard that they actually lost all their props and had to remake them from scratch again, and heard that they’ve met up for discussions and rehearsals like a gazillion times and they felt nervous on Invest day because they didn’t want anything to go wrong. I can really see their batch spirit and it’s very heartening (: Really. Proud of them.

And rewind~ 2010. Some might not have found camp last year to be very fulfilling, but to me it was and it’s probably because of the people I’ve interacted with. Or maybe, I just didn’t have a critical mind yet to see its flaws then. And then it all started, all our events, the PT sessions, gatherings, etc. There are were all the events in 2010, Atlantis, Bike Hike, and random small activities, and glad to say that all those were embraced with open arms :D Told myself to enjoy them, and so I did! Which would probably explain why I didn’t have much negative criticisms about the events.

( On a sidenote I did enjoy Atlantis a lot, really, because some of the activities were really quite interesting! Like, have you ever cooked half-boiled egg with hot-spring water?? Okay maybe the egg has got something to do with why I liked that activity so much. )

But come last year end and this year, and that’s when things really changed, and I’ve definitely grown a lot. For one I’ve matured in my thinking! Seriously I think I lack common sense sometimes and am thankful for OAC ( once again, the people ) for teaching me subconsciously how to be more sensible.

Mm the past year has really changed my perspective on many issues, and am seeing things in a different light now. Like priorities in life, and the purpose of doing things, etc. Feel blessed to be surrounded with people who have a heart and taught me what it means to be considerate and to care. Essentially, learnt how to live a better life :D (sounds so deep and stuff but yeah really ) Used to take so many things for granted, and it may be because I’ve led a relatively smooth-sailing life, but that’s not gonna be the case out there next time. So all the experiences culminated and got me thinking of what really matters in life, and what doesn’t. And honestly, what being genuine means, and how to mean what you say/do and not just do them for doing’s sake. Am really thankful because it feels quite enlightening and empowering that you’ve grown this much.

And of course not everything is about self-improvement. Had a lot of fun, learnt a lot, but more importantly got to know 12 awesomeeee people who have made JC life more memorable. It has been a joy mannnn! I honestly think we are quite special. People niao each other all the time but hey actually every one is really unique in his/her own way and embracing of each other. Everyone has been at least one of the following: an inspiration, motivation, source of entertainment, good friend, and so much more haha lazy to type everything out already! Actually, looking at it, we are quite different, every one of us, but it’s because of this, we complement each other and well, yeah it’s pretty cool (:

We’ve gone through a lot together, saikang, (haha here I can’t help but throw in random examples from all over the place) like getting to details and working with the QMs all the time during camp period. And BH period. And many times where we stayed back to do stuff (colourful cardboard houses! HAHA!) the QM room trips, the classroom meetings. We’ve been through tough times, stressful times, mainly emotionally (with the one that I immediately thought of was during YL period) and physically too like all the mabus and push-ups and dongnanxibei which really feels HORRIBLE. Running is 10 times better really.

Not forgetting the happy times! All the Rebecca, Caijing, Hui Ying moments SORRY I think some of you might be reading this but it’s all good yeah (Y). Caijing’s epic hair! Which is currently non-existent. Hui Ying’s bewildering height! Which might forever remain there ): And er, seems like the guys laugh about everything about Rebecca. (Please don’t take this to heart Reb!!!) All the frustrating sad disappointed happy enjoyable times are definitely worth remembering cos they have been so precious. Although we don’t really realise it at that point in time. But it’s like that, sometimes we only treasure things when it’s over. Awman. ):

Looking back I used to be sad over the fact that we only have 13 people, maybe cos am used to large groups and didn’t understand how important size was so automatically thought 13 would make an extremely tiny batch. But glad I was wrong; 13 is pretty comfortable actually.

Oh yeah and I secretly think that my batchmates are cool, everyone of ‘em! Haha I sound like a kid here but it’s true okay! They bring joy :] Ohwell it’s not a secret anymore! But nvm! Yeah and look up to them a lot. Sincerely thank youuuuu all, this will probably be the only time for dedications to the batch cos seriously the notes had too little space to say everything, as usual.

So to sum it up, THANK YOU GUYS <3
Looking forward to more memories to come (:

Oh! I wanted to insert a cool picture of our batch here. So that this post won’t be so wordy and blinding to whoever’s reading. But as much as I’d like to have Caijing’s laptop with me now and slowly look through all the photos, I DON’T ): Haha so just imagine a group photo (and oops I realised I just added to the already quite long word count):

(TA-DA! Titans happy smiling at you)
Cheers! ^^ V

No comments: