Monday, August 1, 2011

Meaningful things worth mentioning

I like Chris Medina and Demi Lovato, because they’re such inspirations :) It takes a lot of effort for people to go through problems, yet stand up strong and share their story with the world and show them how they’ve survived and that life still goes on. Which reiterates the fact that no matter what happens, life does not stop for you, and what you got to do is just to pick up the pieces and get on with life. That’s just life isn’t it?

So glad for music because songs are very meaningful sometimes. I just realised, after Amanda mentioned today,  that Colours of the Wind is a song about deforestation and protecting nature. So meaningful! And to think, for the past 18 years of my life, I’ve been classifying it as “yet another Disney classic” and that’s all. So… naive right. But woah the song’s awesome la (:

And oh! Just remembered, had a talk with Yee Ting on the bus last week and talked about how, as we grow up, we look at the same thing very differently. Like if you watch Disney classics now, you’ll learn so much more. And if you read certain books now compared to in the past, you’ll realise how deeper their meanings can get. Okay er, am kind of stating the obvious here right, but yeah I guess I just want to say that stories are actually pretty amazing cos it isn’t just about the typical adventure or romance etc but there’s stuff the writer’s trying to say, and people understand them more as they grow older.

Okay! On to happier stuff. I LOVE DISNEY. Hahaha childish, yes, but still love it!!! Can’t wait for Friday, seriously :D

And oh got some awesome shots from the camera – my dad took them and the fireworks are so cool, can’t stand it, really. Just take a look for yourself. Hope they put a smile on your face :) Plus the Singapore skyline is so pretty. *Heart melts*

IMG_2834 IMG_3024

Another longgg week but quite busy one and then it’ll be National Day break whoohoo looking forward to it. It’ll be productive. On a random note I love breaks now, they’re kind of awesome :D

No comments: