Okay it’s time to think, after not being able to think hard enough during some papers. Studying for prelims has been crazy. Don’t need to emphasise it further because everyone who has gone through/is going through this now will have felt the same way. Got to figure out how to study properly after prelims, can’t study at the same place for too long, seeing how I constantly changed study corners to the extent of studying at the table in the kitchen, of all places, haha.
Prelims so far has been okay-ish, not as mood dampening as I thought it’d be, which is good, yay. Don’t know how all of us have survived the past few weeks but we shouldn’t be complaining so much because others have had it worse than us.
So I’m honestly tired, but happy. Don’t know whether to laugh or cry at this period of time but will choose the former (: Was so close to freaking out over studies, something I never really thought I’d be weak enough to succumb to, frankly. Usually tell myself and friends that it’s not the end of the world, grades aren’t everything. But mm, still we’ve got to be practical right and live in reality. I’m not at optimum level yet and I doubt a lot of us out there are, and quote Lw, prelims is “just the beginning”. (HAHA that quote was quite funny, thinking about it) And it’s draining and there’s this fear that you might not be prepared when A’s come.
But like I said, I think I’m happy for now, because this whole period has been quite eye-opening. Studying is hard but I won’t complain now because it’s also been fulfilling. Not in the sense that it fills your brain with knowledge and stuffs it with content but like character-wise and mentally. Like I really learnt how to not close myself to the world while studying, and make a greater effort to continue to care. Neglected that for so many times before but glad I realised it, better late than never. And happy because life is still going on per normal. Okay, except maybe you get more eyebags or drop more hair cos of the stress haha. But made me love my family (so much) more and my friends too :] And the random people out there who give you friendly smiles and all that haha.
Plus after you come out from prelims, although you feel battered and all that, at least you know you’ve tried your best and you know you’ve covered more ground. Which is something you can smile about, even if it’s a weak one.
I think I’m gonna sound crazy but as hard as it all sounds I’m going to try to treasure this whole period and live in the present, like the study period haha because it’s once in a lifetime and it’s never going to happen againnnnnn!! This contributes to one of the primes of JC life – working your butt off for A’s and we should make it a memorable one right. Hahaha. Seriously, will try to do that even if studying is so hard, will try to make it a good experience. No idea how yet but hopefully it takes away some pain. And even though I reaaaalllyyy wouldn’t want to go through this whole studying process, I will miss it next time. I don’t know if other people will la, but I know I will.
Oh anyway camped out the library a few times throughout this year sometimes with JY and it’s mini horror before 10am when the library’s about to open. I feel like I’m at a mini H&M opening sometimes. Okay, not that bad, but still! Anyway, the librarians will greet you warmly and that’s so nice! But everyone just rushes past :( And oh sometimes bus uncles smile at you when you get on the bus. So friendly also. All the nice people in the world :D And this calls for a nice picture ta-da:
What do you do when you see a camera? SMILE!! :D This picture is so cute & sweet, and it’s an obvious hidden Mickey, kinda. The Mickey sticker reminds me of the one I used to cover up holes on my bed frame haha.
Everything’s kind of a matter or perspective, like whether you’d rather grumble that roses have thorns or celebrate that thorns have roses. And yeah it’s been keeping me going for the past few weeks.
Okay come on people we’re nearly doneeeeeee like a few more days! Press on and whenever you feel like giving up, don’t. We’re all not alone, everyone else is trying hard too. Can’t wait for Prelims to be over, there’s so much to do, both needs and wants.
Oooohhh my sister just bought 8 Days!! My weekly dose of life, somewhat. It’s awesome!
Tomorrow's FRIDAYYY~
No comments:
Post a Comment