Saturday, October 15, 2011

Graduating soon :(

My CT just sent all of us an email to cheer us on for A's, and maybe not everyone will feel this way after reading that simple email, but to me it was kind of touching to read it. He even typed out all of our names and said that he'd miss us a lot. Yeah, I'll miss the class too :'( Somehow I cannot believe that JC's ending already, maybe cos we're too busy studying that we don't realise it. But people from other schools have been posting graduation photos on facebook, it just seems more real that we're gonna graduate soon.

It's scary, knowing how school won't ever be the same again in uni. I'm kind of looking forward to know how uni will be like. Haha its crazy to think of this now, but I've been thinking a lot about life after A's and what to do with that sudden freedom you have (that will surely fly by, it always does eh). People will start learning how to drive and stuff. Driving!! Which, since young, i've always thought its only something cool that adults get to do. And now we can learn it ourselves really soon. (suddenly reminded of june haha! :)) Mr Billy always tells us to make a list of things to do after A's, if not we'll all be just dead bored after one week of freedom. Which is probably true too, so will keep that little list at the back of my mind.

Anyway, i love my neighbours! They probably don't know cos they're what, 5 and 10 and 12 and ages like that but they are so lovable. They made an effort to ask where my mum was when they popped by the gate (oh and they were barefooted too cos they just ran up from their unit to pass us something, just like old times). So sweet of them :) sometimes they visit while my sis and I are studying and once the youngest one knocked and opened my room door, peeked in, asked if i was studying, then widened her eyes apologetically and quietly closed the door. Awwwwwww. And my neighbour's chinese is so good, she's only five but old enough to pepper her sentences with cheng yus sometimes. I'm so in awe.

And talking about people I love my Ah-ma too :] She has the cutest laughter, actually its more like a chuckle. Whenever she asks us something in hokkien and we give her a confused look, she'll look at my mum and chuckle that we don't understand. (makes us wna learn it better too) THAT look, when she smiles (and her dentures show). Hahaha! Okay of course we love her more than because of her chuckle. She's always concerned about us, asking us about school, which most of the time comes in the form of 'teacher got say you good or not?' in hokkien. Sometimes our results aren't that fantastic but we just smile and say they're ookayy, and she'll be contented. Now I really regret not making a better effort to learn my grandma's dialect so that we can all communicate better other than responding to her questions with very short replies.

In the past she'd stand up for us when we were still young and naughty and got scolded by our parents. She'd stick up for us and let us eat our favourite food, even though our parents disapproved. Now i'm so thankful for everything and really do want to give back, return the care she's showered us with. I hope she's living every day contentedly now. Aiya, sad that I won't be visiting tomorrow.

Ohmy how did I get to Ah-ma when i wanted to talk about graduation? Haha. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Today was nice (Y), tomorrow will be better!!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments: