Friday, October 7, 2011

Greater Respect

To earn respect is not easy, at least for me sometimes, but over the past week and over conversations I've seen the good sides of so many people, and I respect them a lot. And I love them for being who they are too, which reminds me of the quote (I think it is a little overused though), 'Say what you think and do what you like, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind'. It's a good reminder, though am taking it with a pinch of salt.

The past week has been okay-ish, sometimes you feel like relaxing but you know you can't really do that because the exam which matters is juuuust around the corner. But anyway, had a really good dinner and heard favorite songs on the radio which can really lift spirits instantly. My sibs and I 'oh wowww!!!'-ed together when we heard the opening of a piano & guitar acoustic version of Coldplay's Yellow, it was just so, so good. Acoustic song versions are almost always nice, more personal and speaks out to you, touching sometimes. It was playing on the radio eh! And I find it harder to appreciate songs that play over the radio nowadays, so it really came as a pleasant surprise. It's amazing how people make music, always so enjoyable! Making music and listening to them are equally fun, and my classmates are so talented at making music. They should never ever let their awesome gift go to waste. (Y)

And oh, my brother helped hang the clothes to dry today, he rarely does that. It was nice of him to help, he's growing up! :) I always wish for an older sibling, but younger ones, though annoying, are still okay la, because at least you've someone to love and watch grow up.

And one more very important event that shook the world - Steve Jobs' passing. You've been such an inspiration, RIP.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments: