Monday, October 3, 2011

X-Factor

I loved almost every part of last week :)

Am currently watching X-Factor, I really like that show for now, especially the auditions segment, because it shows thousands of people with big dreams trying to have a go at realising those dreams. And I feel very happy for the people who try so hard and finally get a chance of their lifetime and manage to get through to the next round. It’s so uplifting, to see everyday, ordinary citizens showcase their talents and get recognised for their abilities.

There was this girl who worked as a clerk and sings in her cubicle. It would be such a waste to limit her singing to that office cubicle, because she was good. I really like X-Factor, although it’s kind of a cut-and-paste of American Idol. (But then again somehow, there’s just something that sets this apart from AI haha idk what yet) Although sometimes the show seems like any other entertainer shows or reality TV, at least these shows give people the chance to share their talent with the world, and even if they don’t get through to the top 32 or something in the end, at least they managed to have an experience of a lifetime auditioning on that big stage in front of thousands, and having the honour to sing their hearts out, for everyone out there. It’s already a privilege in itself, that. And some of the contestants’ stories are very touching.

Of course there are crappy auditions and some are really very funny, especially the one that made Simon laugh uncontrollably. Oh yeah, so glad to see Simon and Paula back as judges. I like the judges too, they’re critical and sometimes their comments are harsh but they are still compassionate people with a heart.

I’m really quite excited to see what happens into the show, the songs people choose to sing and allow us to know them through the songs!! Melanie Amaro’s voice is amazing. Looking forward to see her sing in the competition!

P.S. I really cannot think of more interesting titles haha.

No comments: