Sunday, April 1, 2012

Something nice!

I've finally set aside some time to do a proper post!

To start this post off, I'd like to share a little video that is really meaningful and innovative that I came across on Facebook, which brought a smile to my face :) It's called Project Hello Stranger, an initiative to create a friendlier culture in the busy Singapore city.


Just a simple smile can brighten up someone else's day. Actually coming to think of it, I think Singaporeans are not very hostile. Every morning at the MRT station people line up in orderly queues in front of the MRT doors (at least at Bishan), and I see people not hesitating to give up their MRT seats to others who need it more than they do. Sometimes, the cleaners at my neighbourhood greet people they meet in the morning and it does brighten up my day. It just takes a smile, or an initiative of some sort, to spread warmth and joy.

There's another video I saw sometime back that's really interesting too - Say Something Nice. How nice if Singaporeans are this friendly. But from the initiative above, I'm hopeful!

---

Over the weekend, Baby A. came over for a visit. She's still shy but getting to warm up to us. She really makes me think back to how my sibs and I were when we were young. She had her eye on my old Barbie dolls too and fiddled with them for quite some time, hahaha! Some photos of adorable A:

First time playing a real piano - major upgrade from the toy one at home

"Mummy bao bao!"

Joy :)
I'm really enjoying what I'm doing now and I'm so thankful. It's probably going to be the longest holiday in our entire lives (unless we take a gap year after university) before things start getting busy again in July/August and we'd better treasure the time well.

To end off, it's 1 April today, so Happy April Fools Day!!!

No comments: